Buses are among the most widely used means for urban transportation, especially with accelerating population growth and expansion of urban areas. A greater number of buses on the road means higher requirement for vehicle operation and management – which involves not only remote monitoring and maintenance, but also better passenger experience.
Cameras, payment systems, security devices and other terminals on board are all connected to the Internet. This implies greater demand for networking reliability and speed. As each device is embedded with a separate module for Internet access, different standards and uneven performance make it challenging to manage them all and tap more applications. As regulators put forward new requirements, it is urgent to have an integrated solution for communications and management.
InHand’s Networking Solution for Buses
Available with high-speed 4G cellular connectivity, Gigabit Ethernet ports, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth, RS485, etc., the VG710 vehicle gateway offers various means of Internet access. The QoS feature differentiates priorities and allocates bandwidth regarding different business demands so that network resources are made best use of.
Extensive interfaces on the VG710 gateway connect different devices on board. With uniform communication standards managing and controlling everything in the vehicle area network, different devices can be better interconnected and communicate with each other. The Wi-Fi portal which is specially designed for buses delivers passengers quality experience despite long hours on the road.
With support for Python and Docker, the VG710 offers a flexible development environment, which allows custom applications to be installed and operated.
The VG710 gateway is specially built for vehicles. Integrating OBD-II, it monitors the operation status of the vehicle and battery in real time, uploads data to the management platform for diagnostics. With statistical analysis, the VG710 helps identify abnormalities and conduct preventive maintenance, which reduces faults during service.
Driving behavior is constantly monitored. Dangerous behaviors such as acceleration, hard brake and sharp turns, as well as collision are detected and warned in case of traffic accidents. The VG710 offers uninterrupted and high-precision location tracking, helps vehicles to navigate and plan for the best route.
- Available with 4G LTE CAT6/CAT4 cellular network access, ensuring high speed for large-bandwidth business on board. Redundancy of multiple carrier networks, switch between different carrier networks, fast network recovery and selection for better networks make connectivity more reliable. With breakpoint resuming supported, the VG710 gateway ensures continuous and complete data transmission.
- With support for Gigabit Ethernet, dual concurrency Wi-Fi 5, and CAN bus interface, the VG710 vehicle gateway offers low-latency network and allows for connection of different on-board devices.
- With the Wi-Fi portal, passengers can better enjoy their trips with easy and continuous Internet access.
- Built specially for the vehicle environment, with IP64 protection rating, the VG710 vehicle gateway ensures reliable and stable operation on the way.
- With highly precise and sensitive global satellite positioning system, the VG710 keeps track of vehicle location. Inertia navigation system enables it to continue offering accurate positioning service through tunnels, mountains, overpasses and buildings where satellite signal is not available.
- The VG710 gateway offers secondary development platform which is reliable and easy to use. Extensive interfaces and rich functions are ready for customers to use and flexibly develop for more applications.