The distribution automation communication system is the core of Distribution Automation (DA). The system includes SCADA, Feeder Automation (FA), fault location data, load management, etc. It utilizes a variety of communication methods to monitor and control the distribution networks in real time.
The networking of secondary power equipment, such as FTUs and DTUs, is a key step in power distribution automation, and the status monitoring of secondary equipment plays an important role in power grid management and fault monitoring. As much secondary equipment requires low for data traffic and real-time data, cellular communication can be adequate for the distribution network operation, while it has the advantages of low investment, fast implementation, and rapid setup of communications, etc. Cellular networking has been widely used in the construction of distribution automation communication networks.
- Electric power distribution automation network requires the networking device to have high reliability and stability
- The harsh conditions of electric power operation environment require all devices should be of higher industrial grade, can withstand severe electromagnetic interferences.
- The security level of power monitoring data requires that all communication terminal devices must meet the power industry communication regulations
- The communication device needs to connect a variety of power automation terminals, which requires strong compatibility of the communication device
Cellular Solution for Distribution Automation
InHand InDTU industrial-grade cellular modem connects the secondary equipment to the electric power wireless private network, to provide reliable and stable network access for the secondary equipment and ensure data communications between secondary equipment and the main station.
- The secondary power equipment establishes communication with InDTU through a serial port.
- InDTU establishes a connection with the main station through the electric power private network, to forward remote command issued by the power utility main station to the secondary equipment and transmit the remote signaling and telemetry data of the secondary equipment to the main station system.
- InDTU has a protocol conversion function between electric power 101 and 104 protocols.
InDTU324L Industrial Cellular Modem
- The InDTU adopts a fully industrial-grade chip of high stability and reliability, passes strict electromagnetic compatibility test, has self-recovery and multi-layer link detection mechanism to keep wireless connection “always-on”, to provide stable network channel for unattended power sites.
- The InDTU supports a variety of configuration methods for remote configuration, upgraded and maintenance, solved the difficulty in configuration caused by first installing on power site then configuring, saved manpower and material costs.
- The InDTU supports the conversion between electric power 101 communication protocol and electric power 104 communication protocol, solved the problem caused by the mismatch between communication protocols of the secondary equipment and main station.
- InHand Networks has extensive and in-depth cooperation with secondary equipment manufacturers so that InHand products have good compatibility with secondary equipment.